Friday, October 17, 2014

Goth of the Week


Erica "Unwoman" Mulkey

One of my favorite musicians right now. I'll give you a couple of music videos after the cut.





"The City" was one of the first songs I heard from her. It remains one of my favorites.


"L'Assassin" by ROME is one of her many cover versions (she has two albums of cover songs plus extra tracks, the first is called Uncovered, the second Lemniscate. Both are excellent. This one is on Lemniscate).


"Crows" is among her very best songs, in my opinion. This live performance from earlier this year shows off her use of looping to get layered effects in her songs.

If you're interested in her music, her Bandcamp is the central place to find her material. She's run several successful Kickstarters (it's not just for games!), and I think that she'll do more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment